On November 22, 1963, as President Kennedy’s car drove slowly past cheering crowds in Dallas, shots rang out. Kennedy was seriously wounded and died a short time later. President Kennedy was the youngest man elected President; he was the youngest to die.
The Warren Commission was organized to investigate the assassination and to clarify the many questions which remained. Conspiracy theories have swirled ever since Kennedy’s assassination.
In memory of President Kennedy and to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of this death, we’ve put together a reading list of books and websites related to him.
- The Armageddon Letters : Kennedy, Khrushchev, Castro in the Cuban Missile Crisis by James G. Blight
- The Zapruder Film: Reframing JFK’s Assassination by David R. Wrone
- An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy, 1917-1963 by Robert Dallek
- The Kennedy Obsession: The American Myth of JFK by John Hellmann
- From Love Field: Our Final Hours with President John F. Kennedy by Nellie Connaly
- Kennedy’s Wars: Berlin, Cuba, Laos, and Vietnam by Lawrence Freedman
- November 22, 1963: A Reference Guide to the JFK Assassination by William E. Scott
Report of the President’s Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy by the Warren Commission
- The Kennedy Assassination edited by Charles W. Carey
Conspiracy in Camelot [electronic resource] : the complete history of the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy by Jerome Kroth